New candidate JEP: 459: String Templates (Second Preview)

David Alayachew davidalayachew at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 12:44:10 UTC 2023

Hello Mark,

Thank you for sending the notice!

In the JEP, it says we are going another round to gather experience and
feedback, but with no changes.

Out of curiosity, for JEP's like this where another round of preview is
done, but no changes have been made, what sort of feedback is wanted that
wasn't provided last time? Is it a quantity thing, where they just want
more people to respond before they send this out to the wild? Or do they
want more involved feedback from someone using this feature in a
non-trivial example? Or is it more of a sixth-sense/feel-it-out sort of
thing?

Thank you for your time!
David Alayachew