Vulnerability of the non LTS JDK releases

Alan Bateman alan.bateman at oracle.com
Mon Aug 26 07:23:54 UTC 2024

On 26/08/2024 06:38, Lovro Pandžić wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Not sure if this is the right address to talk about this issue so feel
> free to redirect me to another if it’s more appropriate.

Your question isn't unreasonable but it's not really a question for the
OpenJDK project, instead it's a question for the companies and
organizations that make supported JDK releases available.

> :
>
> Projects that want to follow the train in it’s tracks and be on
> latest, usually non lts, version and that use any non trivial kind of
> dependency (Spring, Sonar, …) they must accept the fact that there
> will be periods of time (usually a month or two) where they’ll be
> forced to stay on an unsupported non LTS version until all of their
> dependencies add support for latest JDK version so they can upgrade as
> well.

Just a reminder that there Early Access (EA) builds published weekly so
these projects don't need to wait until the GA to test. Ongoing testing
with EA builds help find issues earlier and allows these projects to
align their releases with the JDK releases.

-Alan