Vulnerability of the non LTS JDK releases

Dalibor Topic dalibor.topic at oracle.com
Mon Aug 26 22:50:38 UTC 2024

On 26.08.2024 11:40, belin puppie wrote:
> I think there are so many JDK releases that are unstable. More time need
> to be given to Java Languages Maintenance to improve Language
> functionality in real life scenarios and environment. Is that what the
> Java Community Process is for?.

The JCP is the mechanism for developing standard technical
specifications for Java technology. You can learn more about it on
https://www.jcp.org/en/home/index .

The JDK release frequency, etc. are not part of those technical
specifications, though.

If you'd like to improve the stability of the JDK in your environment,
you can start by using JDK 24 early access builds available at
https://jdk.java.net/24/ and reporting stability issues you encounter in
your testing through the channels described there.

If you would like to contribute constructive feedback on new language
features, then you can make yourself familiar with the operation of
Project Amber, where those features are developed, at
https://openjdk.org/projects/amber/ .

cheers & all the best,
dalibor topic
--
<http://www.oracle.com> Dalibor Topic
Consulting Product Manager

Oracle Global Services Germany GmbH
Registergericht: Amtsgericht München, HRB 246209
Geschäftsführer: Ralf Herrmann