Vulnerability of the non LTS JDK releases

Lovro Pandžić Lovro.Pandzic at infobip.com
Thu Aug 29 08:09:05 UTC 2024

Thank you for clarification.

Maybe I should clarify my original mail as well:
I’m not asking for any specific jdk vendor version support or any jdk version support change at all for that matter.
I’m asking for a right place to ask where it was decided that versions are 6 months apart and that each non LTS version will only have supported up until the next one is out.

My observation is that current process and state of things put people into an uncomfortable position where they either have to accept to be on unsupported version of non lts for some time and risk security vulnerabilites and all the stress that comes with that or if they don’t want to deal with that – they must pick LTS versions.
This state of affairs is unfortunate and makes non LTS version seem as if non LTS versions are “for development” only and not ready for production use.

They are only ok for production use if you control all the software you’re running on and you have guarantees that on day 1 of next non LTS release you can upgrade all in one go – which in my experience is never true.

Hope this clarifies things a bit.

Thank you,

[cid:Infobip_logo_vertical_signature_e28e13d2-255b-4571-a70c-8292f2d75c0b.png]

Lovro Pandžić

Senior Principal Engineer

E Lovro.Pandzic at infobip.com

M +385921001403