Does OpenJDK publish a changelog?

Graham Leggett minfrin at sharp.fm
Tue Feb 13 22:34:29 UTC 2024

Hi all,

Does OpenJDK publish a changelog?

I ask because I am running what I believe is the latest version of openjdk v21, I believe I am suffering the effects of this bug https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8303465, however the bug is marked fixed. There are two options before me, the openjdk I am running does not contain the fix, or the bug isn’t fixed.

Ordinarily I would look for the changelog of the release, and that would give a concrete answer as to whether I have the fixed code or I have not. Unfortunately I cannot find any kind of changelog.

The bug above is listed as being fixed in “21” in jira, but this doesn’t give any detail as to which version of 21.

The developer site https://openjdk.org/guide/ doesn’t contain the word “changelog”, and google is noise. Can someone confirm where the canonical list of changes can be found?

For clarity I am talking about code published by openjdk only, I am not referring to any distro or third party code.

Regards,
Graham
—