New candidate JEP: 467: Markdown Documentation Comments

Doležal, Petr petr.dolezal at matfyz.cz
Thu Feb 29 21:51:11 UTC 2024

Hello,

I'd like to point out that making simple links could use the same
approach as Rust where a simple link uses backticks, like
[`fmt::Display`], which produces a link with fixed-width font. One would
expect backticks to set fixed-width font, right? So this looks
consistent to me. Moreover, the backticks pairing takes precedence, so
the text within the backticks needs no escaping of square brackets,
which the JEP discusses as necessary in some cases.

Hence I think that the backticks-in-a-simple-link convention should be
endorsed by the JEP as /the/ way to make simple links.

P.