Proposal: Require re-review before integration if the PR is modified

Pavel Rappo pavel.rappo at oracle.com
Wed Jun 19 15:01:04 UTC 2024

A few comments on concerns I've seen in this thread and elsewhere so far.

- If this proposal is accepted, some Committers and Authors will have to change their habits. For example, they might start to lump their commits and/or push them in bulk so that Reviewers aren't prompted to re-review a PR too often.

- Maybe, just maybe, if Skara can be taught to reliably recognise a genuine, uninteresting merge with the branch a PR is targeting, it can allow integration without re-review? Would this ease the Reviewers' burden and not penalise the "merge to test with GitHub Actions" use case?

-Pavel