CFV: Nominate Andrew Haley as jdk6 Project Lead

Iris Clark iris.clark at oracle.com
Wed Jan 30 13:25:40 PST 2013

Hi, Andrew.

> Why do the members of a group get to determine the project lead, rather than the members of said project?

That's the way that it's specified in the Bylaws:

http://openjdk.java.net/bylaws#project-lead

When a Project is created, or when its Project Lead resigns or departs, candidates for a new Project Lead may be nominated by the Group Leads of a Project’s Sponsoring Groups. Such a nomination must be approved by a Three-Vote Consensus of these Group Leads. If agreement amongst these Group Leads cannot be reached then the OpenJDK Lead will select one of the nominees; this decision may be appealed to the Governing Board.

Thanks,
iris