CfV: JDK 6 Project Dissolution and Archival

Dalibor Topic dalibor.topic at oracle.com
Fri Feb 3 00:28:05 UTC 2023

Hi,

I hereby propose the dissolution and archival of the JDK 6 Project.

Rationale: This Project hasn't had a Project Lead for more than two
years [3], and no mailing list traffic in that time, either [4]. It
hasn't seen a single push go into its forest for more than four years. [5]

Given that there has not been any remaining interest in the OpenJDK
Community in this Project for several years, I believe that it is time
to thank all the former Project Leads, Reviewers, Committers, Authors
and other Participants for their many contributions over the years and
to move the JDK 6 Project to the "dissolved" state.

With that in mind, and in accordance with the Bylaws [6], I would like
to ask this Project's Committers to vote to dissolve and archive the JDK
6 Project. At that point its mailing list and forest will be closed for
further contributions.

Votes are due by 5 PM PST on February 16th, 2023.

Only current JDK 6 Committers [1] are eligible to vote
on this nomination.  Votes must be cast in the open by replying
to this mailing list.

For Lazy Consensus voting instructions, see [2].

cheers,
Dalibor Topic

[1] https://openjdk.org/census
[2] https://openjdk.org/projects/#committer-vote
[3] https://mail.openjdk.org/pipermail/jdk6-dev/2020-September/003711.html
[4] https://mail.openjdk.org/pipermail/jdk6-dev/
[5] https://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk6
[6] https://openjdk.org/bylaws#_6
--
<http://www.oracle.com> Dalibor Topic
Consulting Product Manager

Oracle Global Services Germany GmbH
Registergericht: Amtsgericht München, HRB 246209
Geschäftsführer: Ralf Herrmann