OSX 32/64 bits support for JDK7 patch for review

Charles Oliver Nutter headius at headius.com
Wed Apr 25 10:19:32 PDT 2012

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 4:24 PM, Henri Gomez <henri.gomez at gmail.com> wrote:
> I see on Apple JVM 1.6.0 that -d32 activate client mode.
> With my patch, -d32 is still using a VM in server mode, is it a normal
> feature or a miss somewhere in my patches ?

I assume the ergonomics are kicking in on a standard 32-bit VM and
flipping it to server mode. I know on Linux machines it doesn't take
that big a system to cause JVM to default to server mode; having dual
cores used to be enough in itself. Not sure what the ergonomics are
these days.

Perhaps Apple forces 32-bit mode to always be client?

- Charlie