OSX 32/64 bits support for JDK7 patch for review

Charles Oliver Nutter headius at headius.com
Wed Apr 25 15:54:39 PDT 2012

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 10:51 PM, David Holmes <david.holmes at oracle.com> wrote:
> -d32 should not affect selection of client vs server - assuming they both
> exist. The default is determined by the contents of the jvm.cfg file.

Here's jvm.cfg from Apple JDK 1.6.0_31. I presume this means it will
try to do -client, but failing that fall back on -server (as in 64-bit
mode):

#
# @(#)jvm.cfg	1.6 01/12/03
#
# Copyright 2002 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved.
# SUN PROPRIETARY/CONFIDENTIAL. Use is subject to license terms.
#
#
#
#
# List of JVMs that can be used as an option to java, javac, etc.
# Order is important -- first in this list is the default JVM.
# NOTE that this both this file and its format are UNSUPPORTED and
# WILL GO AWAY in a future release.
#
# You may also select a JVM in an arbitrary location with the
# "-XXaltjvm=<jvm_dir>" option, but that too is unsupported
# and may not be available in a future release.
#
-client KNOWN
-jvm ALIASED_TO -client
-hotspot ALIASED_TO -client