[7u-dev] Request for approval for CR 7132378: Race in FutureTask if used with explicit set and get ( not Runnable )

Martin Buchholz martinrb at google.com
Thu Jun 6 07:38:16 PDT 2013

As always, I would like to see more timely lower-overhead integration of
jsr166 CVS with jdk8 and jdk7u.
At Google, we have chosen to use the jsr166 version of FutureTask with
jdk7, as well as to use jsr166 versions of

./src/jdk7/java/util/concurrent/ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java
./src/jdk7/java/util/concurrent/DelayQueue.java
./src/jdk7/java/util/concurrent/ThreadPoolExecutor.java
./src/test/jtreg/util/concurrent/ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor/GCRetention.java

but our primary motivation is squashing unwanted memory retention.