[7u40] Request for phase 2 approval for CR 8017478: Kitchensink crashed with SIGSEGV in BaselineReporter::diff_callsites

Dalibor Topic dalibor.topic at oracle.com
Wed Jun 26 07:20:36 PDT 2013

On 6/26/13 3:31 PM, Zhengyu Gu wrote:
> JBS: https://jbs.oracle.com/bugs/browse/JDK-8017478 (public bug is not available)
> Public review: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~zgu/8017478/webrev.00/ <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Ezgu/8017478/webrev.00/>
> The change has been committed to jdk8
>
> The change has been reviewed by: Karen Kinnear, Coleen Phillimore and Christian Tornqvist
>
> The bug can result crash when executing native memory tracking query, and it prevents kitchensink test to reach release criteria. The risk of the fix is low, as it basically adds additional checks for null pointer.
>
> I ran the kitchensink test on Solaris 11 Sparcv9.

Thanks, Zhengyu. Since Hotspot changes get bulk integrated in phase 2, you don't need to send a separate approval request to jdk7u-dev for the individual hotspot-only change. Instead, if and when the change is marked as approved for 7u40 in the bug tracking system, please work with your integrator to get it into the corresponding hsx forest, from which it will be bulk integrated by Alejandro into 7u40.

If you need to push into jdk7u40-dev directly ahead of the bulk integration, please let me know, and I'll take another look at the request.

cheers,
dalibor topic

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Dalibor Topic | Principal Product Manager

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Kühnehöfe 5 | 22761 Hamburg

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Kunz

Geschäftsführer: Alexander van der Ven, Astrid Kepper, Val Maher

Green Oracle <http://www.oracle.com/commitment> Oracle is committed to developing practices and products that help protect the environment