Warnings Cleanup in java.util.<various> (more from hack day)

Rémi Forax forax at univ-mlv.fr
Fri Dec 2 11:39:08 PST 2011

On 12/02/2011 08:24 PM, Michael Barker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We had some late submissions from our hack day participants.  2 more
> patches.  One (j.u.z.ZipEntry) is possibly a little more involved for
> a warnings fix.  It removes a usage of deprecated Date APIs in favour
> of Calendar.  However, the fix results in code that is very similar to
> Apache Harmony implementation.  The other is a couple of fixes for
> generics (j.u.j.Manifest).
>
> Thanks to:
> - Prasannaa
>
> Regards,
> Michael Barker
> mikeb2701

Hi Mickael,
one change to Manifest.java introduces a bug !

-                byte[] vb = value.getBytes("UTF8");
-                value = new String(vb, 0, 0, vb.length);
+                byte[] vb = value.getBytes(StandardCharsets.UTF_8);
+                value = new String(vb, 0, 0, StandardCharsets.UTF_8);

the last line should be:
value = new String(vb, 0, 0, vb.length);

cheers,
Rémi