OpenJDK adoption by Java User Groups

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Fri Dec 9 06:44:40 PST 2011

On 09/12/2011 10:16, Martijn Verburg wrote:
> To add further to this, please send myself or Mike Barker any ideas you'd
> like to see tackled and we'll get them added to the list.

There is an almost endless list of things that could be done. Along the
lines of the warnings clean-up, then sorting through the output of
FindBugs and other static analysis tools could lead to some useful
patches and fun discussions. You probably saw the mail from Evgeny
Mandrikov a few weeks ago where he announced a Sonar dashboard for the
jdk7 sources. There's a lot of noise in there but it may be useful to
identify some useful clean-ups (just need to watch the risk/benefit
trade-off). And of course the tests. In the past we haven't given the
tests enough TLC so patches to improve the reliability or performance of
tests are very welcome. There are lots of specific things that could be
done too but the nice thing about the clean-up areas is that they
implement Spliterable.

-Alan.