Shouldn't Optional be Serializable?

Omair Majid omajid at redhat.com
Fri Sep 27 14:49:58 PDT 2013

On 09/27/2013 05:24 PM, Pete Poulos wrote:
> It looks like the discussion on this is done.  I'm new to this list, what
> is the procedure for something like this? Do I need to create a bug ticket
> somewhere or submit a patch?

If you want to file a bug (as a user, without a patch), you can file one at:
http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/

If you are an openjdk developer, you can use this instead for the bug:
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/

But easiest is just to send a patch to the right mailing list. For
java.util.Optional, that would be core-libs-dev at . An OpenJDK developer
will file the bugs for you if the patch is okay.

Cheers,
Omair

--
PGP Key: 66484681 (http://pgp.mit.edu/)
Fingerprint = F072 555B 0A17 3957 4E95  0056 F286 F14F 6648 4681