[8u] Request for approval : 8032693 - javax.print.PrintService does not find any CUPS-Printers on Linux

Seán Coffey sean.coffey at oracle.com
Tue Feb 11 21:36:27 UTC 2014

The main guidance may be found in the template form found on the Project
page [1]. That requests 8u$N to be used which would be 8u20 in this
case. Since a push to jdk8u-dev equates to fixVersion = 8u20, engineers
seem to interchange 8u20 which 8u-dev and I don't think this has caused
too much confusion for anyone in the past.

I think it's more important to be explicit about the fix version during
the stabilization phase but that's many months off [2].

regards,
Sean.

[1] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk8u/approval-template.html
[2]