[8u communication] Upcoming JDK 8 Updates milestone : RDP 1

Rob McKenna rob.mckenna at oracle.com
Tue Apr 21 17:15:55 UTC 2015

As per earlier communication [1], the 8u60 Rampdown 1 milestone is
approaching. P1, P2, P3 bug fixes for 8u60 should be prioritized once we
enter the rampdown phase in mid May.

The 8u60 timeline is available at :
http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk8u/releases/8u60.html

Note: This timeline contains a correction. The GA date should be August.

I would also like to bring attention to the Oracle early access
binaries, and invite other distributors who build binaries based on the
OpenJDK JDK 8 Updates Project to do the same in this thread:

https://jdk8.java.net/download.html

     -Rob

[1] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk8u-dev/2015-March/003151.html