RFR(s) 8170873: PPC64: Poor StrictMath performance due to non-optimized compilation

Gustavo Romero gromero at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Dec 13 14:43:35 UTC 2016

Hi Roland,

On 13-12-2016 10:47, Roland Westrelin wrote:

> Hi Gustavo,
>
>> I included aarch64 as Andrew requested [1] and so I need a aarch64 reviewer too.
>>
>> I forgot about the existence of the aarch64-port repo [2], but for s360x I
>> understand it remains the same since s360x port is staging yet. Let me know if
>> it's incorrect. Also, not sure if a separate webrev is necessary for [2].
>>
>> Please review the new webrev:
>>
>> webrev 1/2: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~gromero/8170873/v3/
>> webrev 2/2: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~gromero/8170873/v3/jdk/
>
> Thanks for including aarch64. As far as the aarch64 port is concerned,
> this looks good to me. I verified that the change is correct. I will
> push it to the aarch64 8u repo.

Thanks for reviewing the change.

I'll wait a review for PPC64. However I'm a little bit confused since the
webrev I provide will, when applied to 8u, add aarch64 as well which is not
currently in the 8u forest (maybe who pushes it could trim it off or use the
previous webrev)...

... and maybe Andrew's reply (since he just added the aarch64-port-dev ML) was
just for aarch64-port folks and I got it wrong... (it seems the case...)

Please advise.

Thanks.

Regards,
Gustavo