[8u-dev] Request for Approval: 6425769: Allow specifying an address to bind JMX remote connector

Severin Gehwolf sgehwolf at redhat.com
Fri Jan 29 13:27:19 UTC 2016

Hi,

Please approve the following backports to 8u-dev. They are all related
to 6425769. 8145982 and 8146015 were test fixes for JDK 9 for the test
introduced with the JDK 9 fix for 6425769. Once approved, it would be
best to push everything together.

Bug: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-6425769
Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sgehwolf/webrevs/JDK-6425769/jdk8.00/
HG export patch: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sgehwolf/webrevs/JDK-6425769/jdk8-exports/
Review-thread: http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jmx-dev/2015-November/000873.html

The actual fix for 6425769 is the same as in 9, but the test needed
changing since there are differences in the available test library (no
ProcessThread in JDK8 for example). It works the same way as in 9,
though.

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sgehwolf/webrevs/JDK-8145982/jdk8.00/webrev/
HG export patch: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sgehwolf/webrevs/JDK-8145982/jdk8-exports/JDK-8145982.export.jdk.patch
Review-thread: http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jmx-dev/2015-December/000895.html

Test fix. Same as in 9.

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sgehwolf/webrevs/JDK-8146015/jdk8.00/webrev/
HG export patch: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sgehwolf/webrevs/JDK-8146015/jdk8-exports/JDK-8146015.export.jdk.patch
Review-thread: http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jmx-dev/2015-December/000899.html

Test fix. It needed some changing since the change from JDK 9 used some
JDK 9 only features, such as
NetworkInterfaces.networkInterfaces()/NetworkInterfaces.inetAddresses()

Please let me know if there are questions. I'd need a sponsor who can
push this via JPRT.

Thanks,
Severin