[8u-dev] Request for Approval: Backport of 8184271 and 8184009

David Buck david.buck at oracle.com
Thu Aug 10 04:50:08 UTC 2017

approved pending successful code review of the JDK 8 version of the
changeset

I am CCing the HotSpot Compiler Development alias. If any Reviewers
include this thread / alias when they approve, no further action will be
required before pushing this change to jdk8u-dev.

The definition we use for "trivial" requires the changeset exported from
JDK 9/10 to be applicable to the JDK 8 forest as-is. This means zero
manual editing. The only exceptions we make are for copyright year and
path un-shuffling. Even if the surrounding lines of code which prevent a
patch from being applied have nothing to do with the change, we require
a new code review for the JDK 8 version of the change.

Cheers,
-Buck