RFR: 8223147: JFR Backport (to jdk8u)

Andrey Petushkov andrey at azul.com
Mon Aug 12 11:36:50 UTC 2019

Hi Mario,

My understanding is that these changes are to compliment the work/fix the bugs I've done under 8223147 (main backport issue).
These do not have openjdk bug numbers because correspond to changes made by Oracle privately, before JFR was open-sourced.
In other words - the functionality they bring is already part of openjdk jdk11, however expressed in some different code (since otherwise I
would just brought it under 8223147). So it required jdk8-specific way to make it happen in jdk8, which was generously done by Alibaba team

Hope this clarifies
Regards,
Andrey