[8u] RFR Backport of 8067429: java.lang.VerifyError: Inconsistent stackmap frames at branch target

Andrew Leonard andrew_m_leonard at uk.ibm.com
Mon Aug 12 16:15:47 UTC 2019

Hi,
Please can I request a review of this updated patch for 8067429 to
backport to jdk8u/langtools. We have seen problem reports from clients
seeing this issue with jdk8 and would like to request a backport please.
The patch is essentially the same as published to jdk9+, but jdk8 the file
paths are in a different location. I have built and tested all "tier1" and
"langtools_all" successfully, and the patch new testcase passes.
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~aleonard/8067429/webrev.00
Once reviewed I will add the jdk8u-fix-request.

Many thanks
Andrew

Andrew Leonard
Java Runtimes Development