[Preliminary Review]: Proposal for back-porting JFR to OpenJDK8u

Andrey Petushkov andrey at azul.com
Thu Mar 14 11:44:18 UTC 2019

Hi Guangyu,

By the moment I've read first two patches (thread sampling and biased locks). These look good to me
One very small note, I'd rather be verbose with the value of _trace_flag in thread.hpp. Just to prevent occasional use of the same value for another item of this enum in the (almost impossible) case that someone adds it

I need a bit more time to read through G1 heap region types one.
BTW, it looks I've forgotten to mention that Azul is also missing G1 heap occupancy percent data which is indeed supported by Alibaba. Would you be able to integrate it also, please

Thanks a lot,
Andrey