[8u]: 8136592: [TEST_BUG] Fix 2 platform-specific closed regtests for jigsaw

Hohensee, Paul hohensee at amazon.com
Thu Mar 25 20:19:45 UTC 2021

Thanks, Andrew. Pushed.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Hughes <gnu.andrew at redhat.com>
Date: Wednesday, March 24, 2021 at 12:08 AM
To: "Hohensee, Paul" <hohensee at amazon.com>
Cc: "jdk8u-dev at openjdk.java.net" <jdk8u-dev at openjdk.java.net>
Subject: RE: [8u]: 8136592: [TEST_BUG] Fix 2 platform-specific closed regtests for jigsaw

On 20:24 Thu 18 Mar     , Hohensee, Paul wrote:
> Ping. :)
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

Patch looks good to me. You can consider this as a review and approval
under the circumstances :-)

I don't see a problem with backporting the test, even though it has
issues in certain environments. As you noted, that's just a reason to
improve it in HEAD and backport the fix too. Most tests can no doubt
be improved. It can still catch some issues in its current form.

Going by the title, this test has existed even longer, but was in
Oracle's closed repositories.

Thanks,
--
Andrew :)

Senior Free Java Software Engineer
OpenJDK Package Owner
Red Hat, Inc. (http://www.redhat.com)

PGP Key: ed25519/0xCFDA0F9B35964222 (hkp://keys.gnupg.net)
Fingerprint = 5132 579D D154 0ED2 3E04  C5A0 CFDA 0F9B 3596 4222