[8u] RFR: 8250876: Fix issues with cross-compile on macos

Hohensee, Paul hohensee at amazon.com
Tue May 25 19:48:04 UTC 2021

Thanks, Volker! Tagged.

-----Original Message-----
From: Volker Simonis <volker.simonis at gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, May 25, 2021 at 12:30 PM
To: "Hohensee, Paul" <hohensee at amazon.com>
Cc: jdk8u-dev <jdk8u-dev at openjdk.java.net>
Subject: RE: [8u] RFR: 8250876: Fix issues with cross-compile on macos

Hi Paul,

in general the backport looks fine. I'm just wondering why we need to
use the "$(wildcard ..)" function in saproc.make. From my
understanding that only makes sense if it's arguments contains
wildcard symbols like "*" or "?" but in this case it seems to be just
a simple path. So wouldn't it be enough to simply write:

+    ifneq ("$(SDKPATH)/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Frameworks",
"").

No, I think I got it now. "$(wildcard ..)" will expand to an empty
string if the path does not exist and that's exactly what's intended
here. It's a trick for checking the existence of a  directory without
resorting to the shell.

Looks good to me. Reviewed.
Volker