[jdk8u-dev] RFR: 8139668: Generate README-build.html from markdown

George Adams duke at openjdk.org
Thu Jun 30 08:58:44 UTC 2022

On Fri, 24 Jun 2022 18:23:28 GMT, Sergey Bylokhov <serb at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Probably we should move this document to the new doc folder? Do we have a plans to align Readme/BuildDoc to the jdk/jdk version, simple readme with a few links and other docs in "doc" folder?: https://github.com/openjdk/jdk

It's unclear when the move to the `doc` folder happened, reading a few issues it looks like it happened as part of the consilidation into a mono repo. It possibly should have happened when the JDK8u repo was converted into a mono repo. @gnu-andrew I feel this backport is likely the best place to create the `docs` directory.