[jdk8u-dev] RFR: 8301143: [TESTBUG] jfr/event/sampling/TestNative was backported to JDK8u without proper native wrapper

Jiří Vaněk jvanek at openjdk.org
Thu Jan 26 10:05:19 UTC 2023

On Tue, 24 Jan 2023 16:12:14 GMT, Jiří Vaněk <jvanek at openjdk.org> wrote:

> This test was brouht in by 8223147: JFR Backport and never passed. Despite not being wrong nor having jfr broken in jdk8. jdk8 testsuite simply lacks native support casses.
>
> This is adding the shell wrapper which is compiling and properly setting up the native longSleep  in native shared object.
>
> This comit was tested only on linux.
> After this commit whole jdk_jfr group passes

Would be nice if original authors @egahlin and @mgronlun doublechekced if the test is still testing  the same

This do not have yet bugid. Will create and adapt as needed if this fix will prove worthy. Note, that the test is ok in jdk11 and up.

Thaxn for the ==/=. Fixed now.

The multilib chaneg sounds jsut like

source ${JDK_TOPDIR}/hotspot/test/test_env.sh
$gcc ...${CFLAGBITS} ...

Which sounds like safe tor. Thanx a lot!

As for MacOs, it should work. I can exclude the Darwin from enumerating. I do not have any mAcOs around.

PAss is now visible at: https://github.com/judovana/jdk-tester/actions/runs/3998180323/jobs/6879504748#step:12:406