[jdk8u-dev] RFR: 8320005: Allow loading of shared objects with .a extension on AIX [v4]

Andrew John Hughes andrew at openjdk.org
Wed Apr 10 14:31:14 UTC 2024

On Mon, 8 Apr 2024 08:46:35 GMT, Suchismith Roy <sroy at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Hi all,
>>
>> This pull request contains a backport of commit [e85355ad](https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/commit/e85355ada4ac1061c49ee9f1247d37a437c7b5ab) from the [openjdk/jdk](https://git.openjdk.org/jdk) repository.
>>
>> The commit being backported was authored by Suchismith Roy on 27 Feb 2024 and was reviewed by Amit Kumar, Thomas Stuefe, Joachim Kern and Martin Doerr.
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> Suchismith Roy has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a merge or a rebase. The pull request now contains three commits:
>
>  - rename method
>  - Same logic different file
>  - Backport e85355ada4ac1061c49ee9f1247d37a437c7b5ab

Hmmm, this seems to have travelled from trunk to 8u very quickly. This change is not in any released version as yet.

I think it would have been better to wait until at least the release of 22.0.2. I guess at least the change is isolated to AIX only, but I would make sure this is tested well before the July releases.