RFR [JEP 220] Modular Run-Time Images

Jan Lahoda jan.lahoda at oracle.com
Mon Dec 1 20:38:31 UTC 2014

javac changes seem generally OK to me with a few nits below (I am OK if
these are handled separately as needed).

Jan

-ClassFinder, above getSupplementaryFlags: typo "superceded"?

-Locations, method systemClasses, in the jimage branch, there is:

   Collection<File> images = files
           .filter(f -> f.getFileName().toString().endsWith(".jimage"))
           .map(Path::toFile)
           .collect(Collectors.toList());
   if (!images.isEmpty()) {
       return Collections.singleton(JRT_MARKER_FILE);
   }

this could use Stream.anyMatch(f ->
f.getFileName().toString().endsWith(".jimage")) instead of collecting to
list and using List.isEmpty?

-JRTIndex.java:
--I would prefer to use Reference instead of SoftReference wherever
possible.
--in getEntry method, there is:

  subdirs.add(new RelativeDirectory(rd, entry.getFileName().toString()));

this recomputes entry.getFileName().toString() which is already in a
local var ("name").

-test/tools/javac/T6558476.java: just a copyright year change

-in test/tools/javac/api/T6412669.java there is:

fm.setLocation(StandardLocation.CLASS_PATH, Arrays.asList(testClasses));

which may have a wrong ident

-in test/tools/javac/api/T6877206.java there is a comment referring to
ct.sym/rt.jar, which does not seem to be valid anymore

-test/tools/javac/diags/examples/NotInProfile.java - why this change?

-in test/tools/javac/profiles/ProfileOptionTest.java there is comment:
// no equivalent -source?
is that still true/valid?

-in test/tools/lib/ToolBox.java there are stray changes like:
-        for (String p : paths)
+        for (String p: paths)