Build error with javac Main not being found when building java.transaction module on Mac OS X

Erik Joelsson erik.joelsson at oracle.com
Mon Feb 9 09:32:56 UTC 2015

So you have the source files for java.transaction in your jdk repo. Does
your modules.xml list that module? At the start of the build, we
generate build/<outputdir>/make-support/module-deps.gmk from modules.xml
from which we construct the correct make dependencies between module
targets. I'm guessing java.transaction is not showing up in your
module-deps.gmk.

If java.transaction doesn't show up in modules-deps.gmk, we are missing
that java.transaction-java depends on java.base-java, so make will start
running java.transaction-java earlier than it should.

/Erik