Eclipse no longer working with 1.9.0-ea-b61

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Thu May 7 08:13:35 UTC 2015

On 07/05/2015 08:57, Andreas Kohn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks, that makes sense.
>
> I tried with your suggestion of adjusting the OSGi parent class
> loader, and the results are "interesting":
> b60: things work, i.e. I couldn't observe any ill effects.
> b61: same error (makes sense, as the classes simply aren't there, if I
> understand the 8078139 bug correctly)
The classes are there, it's just that the defining loader will be the
application class loader rather than the extension class loader as planned.

> With my local build however things change: Eclipse still doesn't
> start, but now reports "java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint
> violation: loader (instance of sun/misc/Launcher$ExtClassLoader)
> previously initiated loading for a different type with name
> "org/w3c/dom/stylesheets/StyleSheet"".
>
> Will file an issue with eclipse, pointing here, thanks for your help
> again!
Loader constraint issues are a pain to diagnose. Can you run with
-verbose as I'm curious where org.w3c.dom.stylesheets.StyleSheet is
being loaded from. I will guess that Eclipse is shipping its own copy.

-Alan