Only P1-P3 bugs fixes are allowed to push into jdk9 now

Lindenmaier, Goetz goetz.lindenmaier at sap.com
Fri Jan 6 07:54:04 UTC 2017

Hi,

I think we need a bit relaxed rules for the ports because we often
lag behind a bit. So I only managed to implement the reserved stack
zone recently.  Other features pushed short before the deadline might
need work in the ports we can only do once the main change is pushed.
We would like to deliver a VM that implements all the new features x86
does on ppc and s390.
But I think it can be considered a bug if a new feature is not
implemented.

By the way, I think aarch does not yet implement the reserved stack zone
(JEP 270).

Best regards,
  Goetz