jmod, jpkg, -L

Jonathan Gibbons Jonathan.Gibbons at Sun.COM
Wed Dec 9 10:20:06 PST 2009

Dalibor, Mark,

What is the state of the tools jmod, jpkg, and the -L switch?

More specifically, is the design and simple use of these tools stable
enough that I can start writing javac tests that rely on these utilities
in test setup code?  And, for -L, can I rely on the general concept of a
-L switch to be able to explicitly specify the location of the
library/ies to be used, i.e. to completely override any default
locations for the system library in any system locations yet to be
determined?

-- Jon