Feature complete?

Stephen Colebourne scolebourne at joda.org
Tue Dec 1 13:54:29 UTC 2015

On 1 December 2015 at 13:24, Alan Bateman <Alan.Bateman at oracle.com> wrote:
> If your comment is more about the challenge that some frameworks will have
> with strong encapsulation then it's a fair concern. As things currently
> stand then there isn't a mechanism (aside from the command line) to give
> specific frameworks the power to break encapsulation and get at the
> internals of other modules. So definitely some TBD here, maybe on the
> framework side too because modules might provide an opportunity to revisit a
> few things.

The JavaOne talks specifically mention the need for code changes for
reflection code (adding readability IIRC). And I know there will be
lots of psuedo code that says:
if (!member.isPublic) {
  member = member.setAccessible(true)
}
which is also likely to have problems, because public no longer has
exactly the same meaning as today.
Stephen