Aw: Re: Feature complete?

Jochen Theodorou blackdrag at gmx.org
Tue Dec 1 15:57:02 UTC 2015

> Gesendet: Dienstag, 01. Dezember 2015 um 16:24 Uhr
> Von: "Alessio Stalla" <alessiostalla at gmail.com>
> An: "Paul Benedict" <pbenedict at apache.org>
> Cc: jigsaw-dev at openjdk.java.net
> Betreff: Re: Feature complete?
> [...]
> Mind you, Spring is just an example, it is no different in that
> regard from typical dynamic languages. In fact, I'm pressed to hear how the
> Nashorn team is reacting to Jigsaw.

I am also wondering how a dynamic language is supposed to achieve full encapsulation in terms of the module system. If there needs to be a call from inside the runtime (and most dynamic languages will require that), then the runtime needs to have access to multiple modules, totally bypassing the encapsulation between them. I would like to support full encapsulation in Groovy if possible... without command line acrobatics... but the only way I see is doing those checks in the groovy runtime ourselves. And that means the check will be basically in the callsite generation code.

bye Jochen