A way to opt out of access restrictions on non-exported members.

Alan Snyder javalists at cbfiddle.com
Tue Dec 1 21:35:31 UTC 2015

Alan,

It seems you have completely misunderstood my message. It’s not about any specific JDK bug. I have already sent mail to the AWT mailing list about the bug.

My message is about how jigsaw supports or prevents workarounds that require access to “private” JDK APIs.

I’ll repeat the questions here, for convenience:

>> Is it the position of the jigsaw team that I should not do this? [the workaround]
>>
>> Is it the position of the jigsaw team that it is acceptable for someone in my position to somehow inform and convince every application developer who knowingly or unknowingly uses a library to change the command line arguments in their build configuration so that this workaround will run? (And later, presumably, get them all to remove the command line argument when the workaround is no longer needed?)

  Alan