-Xpatch with jar, jimage, or other non-exploded format?

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Sat Dec 5 16:53:40 UTC 2015

On 05/12/2015 10:14, Michael Rasmussen wrote:
> :
> In essence, yes -- since I know that our product is often used in a setup
> where multiple agents are present, thus we sometimes need to patch other
> agents as well, and they might not be in a module. And a lot of agents add
> themselves to the bootclasspath, either via manifest, or via the
> Instrumentation API.

If you have been using -Xbootclasspath/p then swtching to /a will put
you ahead of anything that is subsequently added by
AddToBootstrapClassLoaderSearch or the java agent manifest or API
equivalent. If there are other agents looking to do the same then it's
down to the ordering specified to -Xbootclasspath/a but that is no
different to before.

-Alan.