TestNG build failing with JDK9 Jigsaw due to Gradle

Cédric Champeau cedric.champeau at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 08:56:39 UTC 2015

BTW, Groovy itself is not compatible with Jigsaw, so my guess would be that
even if Gradle fixed this, you would have different errors because Gradle
uses Groovy. What is possible today is to run Gradle on Java 9 non jigsaw,
and compile using Java 9 Jigsaw.

Jochen sent an email on jigsaw-dev a few weeks ago ("Groovy with Jigsaw")
but as far as I understand, there's no clear understanding of the
problem/solutions so far.