Java 9 performance optimizations

Jeroen Borgers jborgers at jpinpoint.com
Tue Nov 3 11:37:54 UTC 2015

I found this interesting presentation "Java goes AOT" from JVM Language
Summit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xybzyv8qbOc

As presented by Christiaan Thalinger from HS compiler team, AOT is used
with Graal to reduce startup time and quicker peak performance (tiered).
Currently they don't do any inlining in AOT yet because compilation time
blows up by inlining everything since no profiling information is available
yet. I guess modules and knowing dependencies can help here to reduce this.
Besides test running to generate profiling data.

Regards, Jeroen