RFR 7199353: Allow ConstructorProperties annotation from any package

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Wed Oct 14 13:24:25 UTC 2015

On 14/10/2015 10:34, Jaroslav Bachorik wrote:

> Round 2 webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jbachorik/7199353/webrev.01
>
> Changes against round 1:
>
> * @javax.management.ConstructorProperties (was
> @javax.management.annotation.ConstructorProperties)
> * diff is against the current jdk9 (eg. not the jigsaw repo)
> * removed warning when @j.b.ConstructorProperties is used
> * changed the wording in the reconstruction rules in @MXBean as
> recommended
> * changed the issue synopsis as recommended
>
> JDK JMX tests are still passing completely.

Good to see the new @CP in the right place.

"When @java.beans.ConstructorProperties is used then rule 2 is not
applicable to subset Profiles of Java SE that do not include the
java.beans package."

I think this needs to say that when @java.beans.ConstructorProperties is
present, and @javax.management.ConstructorProperties is not present,
then rule 2 is not applicable.

I realize ConstructorProperties.java has been copied from the beans
ConstructorProperties.java but I think a bit of clean-up is in order.
L37 is mis-aligned, the example could use {@code ...}, the comment on
the value method could be cleaned up.

Also in the javadoc example then shouldn't the getXXX methods be public?

One other thing that comes to mind is whether we need any updates to
javadoc in the java.beans area. I could imagine someone in the IDE
typing ConstructorProperties and accidentally selecting
@javax.management.ConstructorProperties and getting confused. I'm mostly
wondering if the there should be someone in the java.beans javadoc to
make it clear that @javax.management.ConstructorProperties is ignored.

-Alan.