Review request for 8139508 Debug option does not work in appletviewer

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Mon Oct 19 14:48:16 UTC 2015

On 19/10/2015 14:33, Alexander Scherbatiy wrote:

>    I do not have the full answer for this. At least the appletviewer
> uses the same debugger as jdb and it could be removed together with
> jdb once it becomes  obsolete.
I'm not aware of any specific plans to drop jdb. On appletviewer -debug
then my guess is that it's rarely used, I assume appletviewer itself
isn't used much either.

Your updated patch looks okay, it's preserves the status quo. I'm just
concerned that the way jdb is launched is a bit icky and now might be
the time to just remove this the -debug option.