cannot access class jdk.internal.ref.Cleaner (in module java.base) because module java.base does not export jdk.internal.ref to unnamed module

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Sun Aug 7 07:50:18 UTC 2016

On 06/08/2016 16:15, Julien Gouesse wrote:

> It doesn't work:
> [gouessej at localhost test-classes]$ ~/Téléchargements/jdk-9/bin/java -cp ../classes:../test-classes --add-exports java.base/jdk.internal.ref=ALL-UNNAMED engine/misc/TestDeallocationHelper
> Unrecognized option: --add-exports
> Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
> Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

The existing name for --add-exports is -XaddExports, we are currently in
transition. The Jigsaw builds handle both and the plan is to drop
-XaddExports after the new options are bedded down in the regular JDK 9
builds (transition period TBD, hopefully only a few weeks). So retry
with -XaddExports if you are using the regular JDK 9 builds.