cannot access class jdk.internal.ref.Cleaner (in module java.base) because module java.base does not export jdk.internal.ref to unnamed module

Uwe Schindler uschindler at apache.org
Sun Aug 7 09:05:44 UTC 2016

Hi,

The Lucene code as linked in previous mail is prepared to work with your patch about using the public Cleanable, too. The code works with all 3 possibilities: java 8 and earlier, current Java 9, and yours. The comments in code are a bit misleading as I expected your patch to be committed long ago, because I liked your clean approach.

Unfortunately, your patch was not accepted until now.

Uwe