Review request 8136930: Simplify use of module-system options by custom launchers

Mandy Chung mandy.chung at oracle.com
Thu Aug 11 20:59:07 UTC 2016

> On Aug 11, 2016, at 1:41 PM, Alexandre (Shura) Iline <alexandre.iline at oracle.com> wrote:
>

>> On Aug 11, 2016, at 1:06 PM, Jonathan Gibbons <jonathan.gibbons at oracle.com> wrote:
>>
>> Shura,
>>
>> Such is the nature of things, I would expect there are some instances of the old style options inbound from separate changesets under development or in review. I would expect that we will do a separate additional pass over tests before we remove support for the old style options.
>
> Of course.
>
> And also, to be completely sure that the tests using new options everywhere, a test run needs to be performed for all tests and failures need to be looked on. Which we will do once the promotion build is out.

That’d be good.  I expect that will happen during one of those testing cycle.  This will ensure that the tests are correctly updated. We have verified the pit and hotspot tests.

Note that the old options continue to work.  Testing won’t find any tests needed to be converted to use new options, if that’s what you intend to find.

>>> Just to be absolutely clear, you have scanned the source files for appearances of the options which are to go away, correct? You have searched java and shell files, I assume.

the entire source tree which has makefiles, native source file, etc.  Not only java and shell tests.

>>> I hope it covers all the cases. If there is anything else we should be able to quickly identify it after running the tests.

Only when the old options are removed.

Mandy