Multiple versions of a non-exported dependency

cowwoc cowwoc at bbs.darktech.org
Wed Aug 31 20:07:01 UTC 2016

Alex,

I get this point but if "requires" does not take a version number today
then the Java launcher can never add this functionality in the future.
On the flip side, if you take a version string today and decide to drop
it tomorrow ("this value is ignored in Java 12 and higher") there is
minimal harm.

What's the downside here? How much work is involved in taking in this
string?

Gili