Java 9 build 148 causes trouble in Apache Lucene/Solr/Elasticsearch

Uwe Schindler uschindler at apache.org
Fri Dec 16 09:58:35 UTC 2016

Hi Jochen,

thank you for the information! Is there any plan about a release? I also found no JIRA issue about this issue to link it against our JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-7596

The problem makes our build system unusable, so it would be very important to have a fix quite soon! As our Ant/Ivy-based build relies on Maven Central, it would be good to have the bugfix release available there, which requires a release. I think the same applies for Gradle users (Elasticsearch).

As a temporary workaround we might be able to use the Apache Snapshot repository, but this is not allowed if we do a release of Lucene.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
uschindler at apache.org
ASF Member, Apache Lucene PMC / Committer
Bremen, Germany
http://lucene.apache.org/