Proposal: #DefaultModule

Remi Forax forax at univ-mlv.fr
Wed Jul 6 16:48:19 UTC 2016

Hi David,
Correct me if i'm wrong,
it seems like the proposal to be able to specify how to find the name and the version of an automatic module (i.e. #CustomizableAutomaticModuleNameMapping) but for the default module.
The idea is that an existing module systems will be able to provide a name and a version for the default module of the layers it controls.

so this issue should be named #CustomizableDefaultModuleNameMapping and i'm fine with it
(obviously the devil is in the detail, i.e. how to do implement that ?)

and the name "default module" seems to be a better name that the unamed module.
When naming something, avoid name that refers to a property and use name that refers to the concept said an old professor of me.

Rémi