Feedback on proposal for #ReflectiveAccessToNonExportedTypes

Jason Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Fri Jul 8 21:16:08 UTC 2016

> On Jul 7, 2016, at 5:31 PM, Paul Benedict <pbenedict at apache.org> wrote:
>
> If this restriction stays (and I am really hoping it doesn't), my next best hope is for Containers like WildFly, Tomcat, SpringBoot etc. to enable me to do this. If the Layer has a hook into amending the Module Descriptor, then I am hoping each Container will automatically set "dynamic" to each non-exported package. I think this will be a highly requested and sought-after feature.

That’s probably something we would do if this notion remains. Unfortunately it means that you would then have different behavior for standalone SE usage and container usage, making it harder to share code. It also might introduce a conflict that wasn’t there before (e.g. split package)

--
Jason T. Greene
JBoss, a division of Red Hat