Ever a Windows ZIP to install?

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Tue Jul 12 08:17:58 UTC 2016

On 11/07/2016 18:30, Uwe Schindler wrote:

> :
>
> As far as I know, there is no reason to *require* an Windows installer, so I'd suggest to maybe provide both options. People who want the windows installer and also automatically install a public JRE can do so with the installer, all others just unzip!

AFAIK, one of the reasons why the Windows download has the installer is
to register the location of the JRE or JDK in the Windows registry. I
completely agree that this is just not interesting in most server or
developer environments. Best to follow-up with Rory on this issue as
feedback on the EA builds. As noted previously the Jigsaw EA builds have
zip or tar balls for all platforms.